Tuesday, May 27, 2008

52 Weeks - Week 3

So here I am (in the picture, not right now - I've since returned to civilization and Chicago radio stations), just chillin' in my stylin' Super 8 room in Ottawa, Illinois. Pre-Starved Rock excursion. I don't really have a lot to say about the Starved Rock shoot. It was...less than organized. But, in the spirit of finding the positive, I did get the following out of the day:

1. I went to Starved Rock State Park. I can't believe that in my 32 years living in Illinois, I have never been there. It's really quite beautiful, and I can't wait to go back and spend a few days shooting. By myself. On NOT a holiday weekend.

2. I discovered that the Ottawa Super 8 is really, really nice. It was super clean - spotless, really. It's also smoke free, and because of the layout of the motel, it's really quiet, even when the place is full. If you find yourself needing to stay in the Ottawa-LaSalle-Peru-Utica area, I give the Super 8 in Ottawa two thumbs up!!

That's about it. I'll bite my tongue on the rest of the day.

No comments: