Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Coming up for Air

My "day job" has been in full gear for the past few months, but I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Given the date of this post, I'm sure it doesn't take a rocket scientist to determine the particular industry.

Fortunately for me, by the time things have started to slow down, allowing me the little things I take for granted, such as time to eat and sleep, spring has arrived and that means far more photographic opportunities. The flowers are starting to bloom, the days are longer and being outside does not require fifteen layers of wool. This is my favorite time of the year!

While nature photography has always been my first love, I'm challenging myself to push beyond what is obvious for me - the flowers, the landscapes - and take some time to connect with people. To help me along the way, I'm offering deeply discounted portfolio building sessions. If you are in the Chicago or Atlanta area and are interested in a session, please contact me via a comment or email (at my site), and I'll be happy to provide more details.

In the spirit of challenging myself with photographing people, I bring you the cutest person I know: my gorgeous niece. While she'll only tolerate so much posing for Auntie Amy, she does cooperate from time to time. I caught her the other day - in all her glory. Complete with paint and marker all over herself from crafting. I chose not to edit it out, because I know that's how I'll want to remember her later - the goofy, little cutie with marker scribbled on her face.

No comments: