Friday, January 1, 2010

Personal Photography Projects

Let's just pretend that I haven't been absent from my blog since June, shall we?  Deep, cleansing breaths.  Phew!  It's like those 6 months never happened!  New year, new beginning!  And new projects!

I've decided to do another daily photograph project this year.  I have several friends joining in this time, and I'm hoping that we can all support one another and have a wonderful visual journal of memories to look back on at the end of the year.  Those joining in are the always inspiring Kate Monroe and my niece, who I'm hoping will allow me to share some of her captures with you.

For some reason, when I was out today in the frigid cold, I decided I wanted to attempt a self portrait project this year, as well.  I'm aiming for weekly self portraits, and while that project is mainly for me, I may share a few from time to time here on the blog.

Both of the images below were taken at the Baha'i House of Worship in Wilmette, Illinois. The first is the image I chose to represent today in my daily project, and the second, of course, is my self portrait. I hope you enjoy following along with my projects. Let me know if you have any personal projects of your own. I'd love to follow along! And if you don't, what better excuse than a new year to jump in with a new project?

1 of 365
1/1/2010 - Wilmette, IL


1 of 52
1/1/2010 - Wilmette, IL

1 comment:

Photography By Tanya said...

I'm so looking forward to following your projects, Amy. I love the self-portrait-a-week idea. I might think on that one!

I haven't decided yet whether I will be sharing my photos on my blog so, for now, they're just in a Flickr set here. :)