Sunday, March 30, 2008

Let's Go to the Zoo - Lincoln Park

Although I love my Brookfield Zoo membership, one can only shoot the same white cheeked gibbon or baby polar bear so many times. As cute as they might be, it was time for a change of pace, and a few weeks ago, I decided that meant a trek to the Lincoln Park Zoo. After some deep thought, I realized it had been nearly ten years since my last visit to the Lincoln Park Zoo. Much has changed, but much was still the same. They revamped the gorilla exhibit at some point, but it still gives you an up close view and interaction with the animals. I had remembered koalas, but they must be gone, because I couldn't find them anywhere. The underwater polar bear observation area was still there, though.

It was a cold day, and I think the virus which would eventually morph into my pneumonia had hit, so I didn't last long. I plan on a trip back very soon, and I plan on visiting the Lincoln Park Conservatory, as well as the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum (they have an indoor free-flying butterfly exhibit!) at the same time.

Until then, please enjoy these images!

When I walked in the Cannon Drive entrance, I could hear the growling of the tiger.



As mentioned, the underwater polar bear observation area is still there - and it's still as fun as ever to watch the huge bears swim by the window.



While the cold got to me, apparently the flamingos did not mind it.

No comments: